We invite you to join the hybrid event titled Staatsbürgerschaft: Norm und Praxis politischer Zugehörigkeit im Europa, 1914–1945, organized by the German Historical Institute Paris (DHIP) on April 11, 2022, at 6-8 p.m. (CET).
Discussants: Dieter Gosewinkel (Berlin), Michal Frankl (Prague), Claire Zalc (Paris)
Moderator: Axel Dröber (DHIP)
The discussants are going to address questions such as:
- What can be learned from today’s understanding of nation, nationality and citizenship?
- What about the (legal) position of women?
- Can the concept of citizenship, its complex forms and changes be better understood from a transnational or global historical perspective?
- How the colonial space, which often functioned as a laboratory, influenced the concept of citizenship?
- What is the perception of those affected, what strategies do they use to legitimize and protect their (own) nationality?
The event will take place both in person and online via Zoom. Registration for both forms of participation is required. The working languages are German and French.
For more information, please visit the website of the institute.